RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest13239 (3.229.122.166)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Sports and Leisure : Reading "You have got to be kidding!!! " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #793 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
The BBMers
Dr. Rub
You have got to be kidding!!!
6/10/04, 4:46am (Last Edited: 6/10/04, 5:24am)
Okay, Everyone is probably going to whine or complain about a game or two at some point during the season so I'm making this one my whining like a baby wa-wa- game! I'm miffed when I lose a game to someone when they have to use their first baseman for 3 innings against me. I don't care if it is the mighty Boogamen or not! That is a slap in the face to my team & that is a tough hard loss to swallow. I would have rather him beat me 14 to 0 & use all real players(not "AAA" for 3 innings as a pitcher). I wouldn't be complaining at all if it weren't for that! I feel like Rob did earlier this season losing a game because of "lower defense". This one is a tough one to accept, not because the Boogamen tied me for first place, but because of the bogus result &/or breakdown of the scoring of our first game of this series. I know he had 13 more bases than I did, but you just shouldn't lose games that involves your opponents "AAA" (whatever in the blue hell that is) to pitch for 3 innings giving up 6 earned runs. Just not right in my humble opinion. I feel like I was "Rob"bed by the BBM on this one! I would honestly feel the same way if the situation was reversed & I had beaten an opponent in that same way. I believe I have seen it all now in my first 2 seasons with the BBM after last night's game! Losing is one thing, but losing to someone with more than one line up hole or having to use their "AAA" for more than an inning(especially 3 innings) is another. This one is just eating at me! If I finish second to the Boogamen by one friggen game in the standings again this season, I will remember this game specifically! INJUSTICE

--------------------------------------------------------
"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #793
Back to Topics

Message #794 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Robert Jones  
Re: You have got to be kidding!!!
6/10/04, 3:55pm
".....but in my humble opinion I think a lot of signs point to the Boogamen repeating as champions if I think what's going to happen next in tonight's second base draft actually happens. I'm intimidated by his knowledgey, experience, & know how when it comes to fantasy baseball! 9 times out of 10, he just seems to know how to make the right moves! Most of the cards seem to be in hands right now...." Dr. Rub

Now, what happened to my genious? Gosh! just months ago you were singing my praise and hailing my BBM knowledge and now I free up some roster space for hitters and let my AAA fill in an inning or two and it is BBM's fault. C'mon, you gotta give credit where credit is due. Oh sure! Just throw my strategy and genious out the window now that it appears there can something else to point the blame at. He, He, Hee Hee.....

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #794
Back to Topics

Message #795 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
6/10/04, 6:00pm
graphic
I think there is an error in the system. You'll remember that in my case, my team gave up four less ERs, the opposing team also got three innings from AAA, and the other team only had FOUR more bases.

In a pitcher's park, no less.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #795
Back to Topics

Message #797 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
6/10/04, 10:16pm
Maybe there is an error in the system. I also recall a game I had earlier this season vs. the Sleestacks. I had 22 total bases. He only had 4 total bases. I did give up 6 earned runs. He only gave up 1 earned run. Result: he won 6 to 4.

Last night the Boogamen had 26 total bases. I had 13 total bases. However, I only gave up 1 earned run. He gave up 6 earned runs. Result: he won 6 to 4.

My point is, given the 2 breakdowns. There seems to be an inconsistancy here. I think I should have won one of these games & lost one of these games. Given the result of last night's game with the Boogamen & it's game statistical breakdown, why didn't I win that game vs. the Sleestacks earlier this season?

Not a big deal! Just have to accept it. Forget about it! Somehow! & move on. It was frustrating this morning to see that scoring breakdown though.

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #797
Back to Topics

Message #798 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Dr. Rub
6/10/04, 10:27pm
Your still a BBM genious! The BBM Gods were smiling on you last night.

Reply to Msg #798
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter