RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest13239 (3.229.122.166)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Sports and Leisure : Reading "Prayers are need for the Lakes! " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #796 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Marie Reed  
Prayers are need for the Lakes!
6/10/04, 9:41pm (Last Edited: 6/10/04, 9:44pm)
graphic
Bring out your rosaries, prayer shawls, bibles, Torahs, Korans... The Lakers need all the prayers they can get!

It was very embarrassing to watch them lose by 20 points tonight. They looked like CRAP! I kept flipping the channels just to help soften the blow, and the pain I was feeling just watching them missing the shots, turning over the ball... ICK!! It was extremely difficult to watch tonight. And what the hell was wrong with Kobe???

I just hope they pull it together the next game, cuz if they lose the next game, I really believe the championship is over.

Oy!

Reply to Msg #796
Back to Topics

Message #799 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
Dr. Rub
Re: Prayers are need for the Lakes!
6/11/04, 5:34am (Last Edited: 6/11/04, 5:35am)
I'm not much of a NBA fan, but the Pistons look like they have a great defense. If I were the Pistons, I would put atleast 2 guys on Kobe Bryant & make someone else beat them. I'm kind of pulling for the Pistons, because they are suppost to be the underdogs I guess, but I don't really care.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #799
Back to Topics

Message #800 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
Rob Reed  
Re: Prayers are needed for the Lakes!
6/11/04, 11:27am (Last Edited: 6/11/04, 11:39am)
graphic
The Lakes don't need prayers. They need Kobe to score more than one technical foul point in the first half of the ball game. They need to feed Shaq more. They need to control the Pistons pick and roll.

Phil Jackson gave up much too early last night. And, I think it was purposeful. He wanted the Lakers to FEEL the pain and humiliation so that they could reattain the hunger, the desire to not be in that position ever again. That hunger that the Pistons are showing because their current players have never been there. That hunger that the 2000 Lakers showed when they snagged their first championship of three in over 10 years.

What other reason could there be for Phil to put Medvedenko, Walton, that bench warmer whose name I can't even remember, a very cold Kobe and D-Fish on the court during a pivotal time in the game (end of 3rd, beginning of 4th, when the game was still, possibly within reach)?

Kobe was so cold that I don't remember him EVER being that bad... even in his second year in the league when, during the playoffs against Utah (and a Karl Malone who could actually play at least thirty seconds without falling all over the court), when he was airballing three pointer after three pointer... at HOME.

I predict that Kobe will come out in Game 4 and bust out at least 20 in the first half.

As for the Pistons, they are living and dying with three things: their defense; their pick and roll; and Billups' shooting.

Remember when Houston, in Game 3 of the first round... at Houston... just pick and rolled the Lakers, and they beat the Lakes by 11?

The Lakers controlled... and won the remaining two games (one in Houston).

In this series, I don't see any way that the Lakers will stop the Pistons' defense, other than to feed to Shaq more often and hope that he gets the calls. I mean... ELDEN FRIGGIN CAMPBELL is guarding him at least a third of the time. Any Laker fan older than nine years old remembers the ugliness that was "E" in a Lakers uni.

The Lakers can (and will) stop the pick and roll effectiveness and Billups' open shots.

In no way do I think that the Lakers are a lock to win like I did before the series. I was so jaded, in fact, that I foresaw an easy four game sweep.

BUT, while I believe the Pistons are purely a better team on their defense alone, I'm not counting the Lakers out at all.

I will end -- on the record -- as stating that the key is Sunday's game. If the Lakers beat the Pistons on Sunday, they will win the NBA Championship.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #800
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

Rob Reed's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter