To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Jones  
Busting on Kobe
6/14/04, 8:39pm
Leno tonight said Kobe was called for fouling a member of the Pistons. Leno said Kobe denied fouling him saying it was consentual contact.

--------------------------------------------------------
Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #801
Back to Topics

Message #805 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Rob Reed  
Re: Busting on Kobe
6/19/04, 10:49am
graphic
I'm so sick from this series... the sour taste continues to work its way up from my innards... what an awful series.

I was optimistic all the way, saying things like: "You know, they're really just one win away from getting the home court advantage back!"

When I saw them get down by 25... I just sat there with my mouth open as wide in surprise as it could possibly go... then I turned and watched some re-run of something else...

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #805
Back to Topics

Message #806 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Robert Jones  
6/19/04, 1:28pm
My condolences on the Lakers loss. I am very much a non-fan of basketball and the Lakers are the only team I could probably name any players from. Personally, I kinda see them as the Yankees of basketball and other than a tinge of regret because you guys, my friends, are fans of the Lakers, I was kinda glad to see them loose.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #806
Back to Topics

Message #810 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
6/20/04, 8:54am
This whole ongoing saga with the Lakers has been fun to watch I must admit. I believe Shaq is getting disrespected by the Lakers GM. Shaq & Phil are both going to wind up in Orlando I predict. Maybe not this season, but possibly within the next 2 or 3 seasons. The Orlando Wizzards will be a power once again! I believe Kobe will wind up being an unrestricted free agent & end up playing for the Memphis Farries. The Lakers will be left hanging.

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #810
Back to Topics

Message #812 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
6/20/04, 12:00pm
graphic
Lakers have to choose between a 32 year old who has been in the league for 12 seasons, and a 26 year old who has been playing for 8.

I go with the 26 year old, too... sorry, Shaq.

If $25,000,000 a year is disrespectful, I can handle that kind of disrespect.

Barring a prison term, Kobe will no doubt be a Laker next year. He is the only player on the team that I can say that about...

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #812
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter