To
From
Subject
Date
the Sleestacks
Dr. Rub
BBM
7/24/04, 4:15am
I know the Sleestacks never log on to the RRBBS, however I should congratulate the Sleestacks for a thourough ass whiping of the Dragons! The Sleestacks are the first team to sweep the Dragons so far this season & the Sleestacks were also responsible for handing the Dragons their first 4 game losing streak of the season so far. I thought all of you other BBM people in the Mission League would enjoy the fact that the Sleestacks gave me an ass whipping! There may be more of that to come. My team is only 3-6 since the all star break & I might very well be losing steam!

--------------------------------------------------------
"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #855
Back to Topics

Message #857 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
Re: BBM
7/25/04, 12:57pm
graphic
My team is finally doing what I expected... EVEN with the two injuries to Griffey and Thomas (which I thought would really hurt).

Fortunately, Carlos Lee has more than made up for them both... and my relief pitching has just been aces.

I've got my eye on your position, Doc... watch out.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #857
Back to Topics

Message #858 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
7/25/04, 1:55pm (Last Edited: 7/25/04, 2:30pm)
Anything can happen! There is still along ways to go! This is what scares me! I definately could be caught & maybe even passed in the standings. However, I think it is going to be tough to do. I like my team. I just hope they don't completely choke & go in the tank! Trading Barry Bonds early on this season was the best thing I could have done for my team. As aggressive as I am in the free agent market, I needed the money to make all of these constant free agent moves. That seems to be my style. I don't believe I would be where I'm atleast currently at if it weren't for trading Bonds. I would personally rather have the 500 thousand or million dollar player & solid flexibility at every position rather than to have one mega superstar that sucks up almost 1/8th of your total team's salary. Your team scares me! Whether I win first or not, I would not want to face your team in the playoffs.

Although it is far from over, I am proud about one thing thus far about my team & some of the moves I have made up til this point so far this season (knock on wood). I am proving, atleast so far, what the Yankees can't prove! I'm in first with a commanding lead, again, atleast as of now, spending the least amount of money so far this season. The Yankees could not do this! They have to spend a whole lot to win! I figure since I hardly ever talk about my team & usually stay pretty humble, that I can atleast pat myself on the back a little, but not too much!

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #858
Back to Topics

Message #859 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
7/25/04, 2:42pm (Last Edited: 7/25/04, 2:44pm)
The best time to probably catch me or atleast make a run at me in the standings starts with our upcoming series & from July 30th through August 9th. I'm going on a much needed vacation for the first time in about 3 or 4 years. I'm going to Tampa-St.Petersberg on July 30th. I'm going to watch the Devil Rays play 2 or 3 games vs. the Blue Jays. August 2nd through the 7th, I'll be on a cruise leaving out of Tampa to Grand Caymen & Cozumel, Mexico. It is a 5 day 5 night cruise on the Carnival Sensation cruise ship. When I get back to Tampa on the 7th from the cruise, I'll be staying in Tampa that Saturday & Sunday. I might go to Busch Gardens, the Florida Aquarium, & maybe one more Devil Rays game vs. Seattle. I'll be returning back to Panama City Beach on August 9th. Hopefully, for my sake, I'll have internet access at the hotel I'm staying at in St.Pete & on the cruise ship so I can kind of keep up with my baseball team! I'm scared to death of the Lugs, Boogamen, & your team, the Litigators making a serious run at me in the standings, especially during that time frame!

Reply to Msg #859
Back to Topics

Message #860 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
7/25/04, 9:56pm
graphic
>Although it is far from over, I am proud about one thing thus
>far about my team & some of the moves I have made up til this
>point so far this season (knock on wood). I am proving,

While I commend you for what you have done this season with your team, remember all of the stellar free agents who didn't make it on the draft lists!

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #860
Back to Topics

Message #861 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
7/25/04, 9:58pm
graphic
Well, there is some consolation for you as far as my team goes... I'll be in Vegas July 29th through 31st... Marie and I will be renewing our vows on the 30th.

I got married in front of Jesus for her the first time. Now, ten years later, she'll be getting married in front of Elvis for me.

Reply to Msg #861
Back to Topics

Message #862 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
7/26/04, 5:01am
This is true! You are right about that! Everyone had the same opportunity to take advantage of that though. Everyone also starts out with the same amount of money as well, needless to say. What you choose to do with that money & how you choose to spend it is obviously up to each owner. I will agree that the BBM needs to do a better job with there draft lists before the ranking & drafting starts for each upcoming season. They were somewhat lazy in that department before we ranked & drafted this season. Guys like Jim Thome, Jason Giambi, Adrian Beltre, & Johan Santana should have been in those ranking lists for the draft!

Reply to Msg #862
Back to Topics

Message #863 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
7/26/04, 5:03am
That's very very cool! Congratulations to you & Marie & especially to you for having such a hot wife!

Reply to Msg #863
Back to Topics

Message #868 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
8/5/04, 2:09pm
graphic
I got worked in today's result... my bro swept me in the final game where he had 18 total bases, I had 15... he gave up SIX EARNED RUNS. I gave up ONE with a complete game by Oliver Perez...

...and I lost.

Reply to Msg #868
Back to Topics

Message #873 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
8/8/04, 11:33am (Last Edited: 8/8/04, 11:34am)
Go figure! There have been games I have lost this season, I felt I should have won. I've also won some games I felt I probably should have lost. WACKY!!!

Reply to Msg #873
Back to Topics

Message #877 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Vicki
Dr. Rub
8/11/04, 5:14am
Ouch!! That hurt! Good job!

Reply to Msg #877
Back to Topics

Message #879 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
vicki  
8/11/04, 6:00pm
graphic
I enjoyed it

Do or do not. There is no try.
---Yoda

Reply to Msg #879
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter