Message #867 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Jones  
Damn Yankees
8/4/04, 8:42pm (Last Edited: 8/4/04, 8:43pm)
Heard today that the Yankees are building a new stadium. In fact they are not going to need to use tax payer funds to build the complex. The catch is that they can use funds slated to go toward their luxury tax debt. There is an apparent loophole in the luxury tax requirement that the funds do not have to be paid if they are used to build a new stadium.

I hope Dr. Rub is wearing a crash helmet when he reads this one.

--------------------------------------------------------
Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #867
Back to Topics

Message #874 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Dr. Rub
Re: Damn Yankees
8/8/04, 12:26pm (Last Edited: 8/8/04, 12:28pm)
Ya know, I'm sitting in my seat at Tropicana Field during the Blue Jay & Devil Ray series last weekend at the start of my vacation & I'm listining to these two guys sitting ahead of me talking about the Yankees. They were fairly big Yankee fans. It was all I could do to rain on their Yankee butt humping parade. I think there are a lot of bandwagon Yankee fans out there who have been decieved by the glitz & the glamour the media has portrayed over the years upon the Yankees. There are a lot of people out there who have that, "if you can't beat them, join them" philosophy. A lot of sports fans will cheer for a team that wins all the time because it is easy for them. There are a lot of recognizable names on the Yankees, which makes the Yankees easier to follow by fans because they are so accessible, compared to some team like the Royals or Expos. Everyone knows who the Yankees are & the main stream media is to blame. They have hyped up & built up the Yankees so much over the years that the media alone has helped build the Yankee empire & helped build there wealth as well. I just don't get why a lot of people are so infatuated with the Yankees. Most of these Yankee fans don't know any better because they just want to follow the crowd & fit in(BANDWAGON FANS). They are followers. They are certainly not leaders! Don't these people see what the Yankees are doing to baseball as well as the media. Know one ever sees the small market teams on TV all that much. All the major national networks, especially FOX, air nothing but Yankee games on the Saturday game of the week atleast half the time or more. How are the Royals, Tigers, Expos, Devil Rays, & Brewers of the world ever going to gain any kind of national fan following or notiriaty if all we ever see more times than not is the f&#%ing Yankees. When was the last time you saw the Royals or Tigers on a nationally televised game. This is what is hurting major league basebll. The media & the Yankees are nothing but a big fat cancer to the game of baseball! You'll never convice me otherwise!

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #874
Back to Topics

Message #875 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Robert Jones  
Re: Damn Yankees
8/8/04, 12:47pm
I assume you are back home. Hope your trip went well. Call me if you need me to help patch the hole in your ceiling above your computer desk. ROFLOL.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #875
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter