From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
BBM Finals
10/17/04, 9:41pm
graphic
Much luck to you, Dr. Rub. This is probably not good to say, but I am rooting for YOU. I would like nothing more than for the Mission League to take the Grand Prize TV. And, the only way we can get it into your hands Dr. Rub, is if you beat me...

Our teams are pretty evenly matched up.

It should be an exciting series.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #984
Back to Topics

Message #987 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
Re: BBM Finals
10/18/04, 6:38am (Last Edited: 10/18/04, 6:44am)
To be honest, my team may have had the slightly better regular season, but I like your team in this match up. My left handed statbank is not as good as my right handed statbank(speaking of hitting of course). Your throwing 2 lefties at me a total of 5 times if it goes 7 games. Moreover, you get to pitch Johan Santana 3 times who is slightly better than my ace, Carlos Zambrano. Yeah, on paper we are pretty evenly matched. That is what I also thought going into last season's World Series vs. The Boogamen & I preceeded to get my ass kicked in a series sweep. He had slightly better pitching (Pedro & Prior). I believe are hitting was equal. This was even after I beat the Boogamen 11 games to 7 in the regular season last season.

I see the exact same similarities here in our series. You have a slight edge on starting pitching. I believe are hitting is about equal for the most part. I think you have a slightly better left handed statbank than I, where as I might have a slightly better right handed statbank. I also beat you 11 games to 7 during this regular season. I'm glad your pulling for me, but I honestly have to say that I believe you will take the series in 6 games. I obviously hope I'm wrong! Johan Santana is the difference & probably is the only difference. He should win the Cy Young this season!

Good luck to you as well! I suppose.

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #987
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter