RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5075 (54.242.25.198)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : RRBBS Bug Reports/Updates : Reading "Ok, how do I" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1498 of 1628  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
The Leader of the Pack
zhakee  
Ok, how do I
12/10/06, 1:12pm
graphic
It's driving me insane. I leave this site, but can't easily log in. I never log out, but the system logs me out automatically. The only way I can log in is to enter via the "my blog" option, then click rrbbs from there, which brings up the log in info for members. Then I have to wait a minute for my data to appear, then I click the log in button.

Sometimes I pop in here a few times during a day, but I'm in guest mode. I may or may not want to log in, so I'll read new posts as a guest. But I can't just log in from that window, no, instead I must reenter via the route mentioned above, then find my way back to the message where I was reading and wanted to reply.

Can you please make it so I either stay logged in, or put in an option for existing members to log in, from any page, not just their blog entry page? Or if such a way already exists, please direct this poor, lost soul to the correct place.

--------------------------------------------------------
Living close to nature.
http://sierra-nevada-ramblings.blogspot.com/

Reply to Msg #1498
Back to Topics

Message #1499 of 1628  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
zhakee
Rob Reed  
Re: Ok, how do I
12/10/06, 6:20pm
graphic
>It's driving me insane. I leave this site, but can't easily
>log in. I never log out, but the system logs me out
>automatically. The only way I can log in is to enter via the
>"my blog" option, then click rrbbs from there, which brings up
>the log in info for members. Then I have to wait a minute for
>my data to appear, then I click the log in button.

I just added a new method to login. The methods to login are on the main homepage (when you are not logged in, it will be in the top middle of the homepage asking for your username and password), through a blog when posting, and now on any thread read page (near the top) when you are reading.

>Can you please make it so I either stay logged in, or put in
>an option for existing members to log in, from any page, not
>just their blog entry page? Or if such a way already exists,
>please direct this poor, lost soul to the correct place.

The system here uses what are called "cookies." Some security programs and browsers have an option to disable cookies. If you do that, the system will not be able to recognize you. Some browsers allow you to enable cookies for some sites only (you should make sure they are turned on for this site).

What is PROBABLY happening to you (and which happens to me, and my programming skills are such that I haven't been able to fix this), but you might need to make sure that when you login to the system, you are doing so from the www.rrbbs.com site. If you have bookmarked rrbbs.com (without the www.) it seems that some browsers will not properly set the cookie that contains your name and password.

Sorry if this is confusing. If this doesn't help, let me know.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1499
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter